Our vision, as a Church of England primary school, is deeply rooted in a strong Christian tradition, to develop happy, young people with enquiring minds, a lifelong love of learning, respect for themselves, others and the environment so that they will have the skills, resilience and adaptability to thrive in a rapidly changing world.
The Bible verse that sets our vision statement in context comes from the words of Jesus:
“I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10.
We have five core values that are strategic to this vision
Our core values
Forgiveness, courage, friendship, respect and perseverance.
All we do as a school is underpinned by these values
Whilst growing in God’s love, we will support and encourage one another to aim for the best in all we do.
Our aims underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
‘Aim for the best; growing in God’s love’
Learning is at the centre of all we do; we strive to provide an engaging education which appeals to the many interests of the children. We work hard and strive for excellence in our school; our aim is that everyone in our school reaches the highest standards of achievement possible whilst becoming confident and independent.
The aim of St Mary’s School is to provide a happy, safe and stimulating atmosphere where:
- Christian values are promoted
- Respect for others and personal responsibility are expected
- Children enjoy learning and are confident and willing to try
- High academic standards are encouraged and the needs of every child are met
- Teachers, parents and carers work together as partners in their children’s education
- Foundations for lifelong learning are established
- Children develop independent learning skills
- Community spirit is fostered
- The well-being and mental health of every member of the school community is supported